family search

Allgemeiner Insel - Smalltalk

Themenstarter
tineketode

family search

Hello everyone,

Hopefully it is not a problem to write in English..?
This summer I will visit Hiddensee for the first time in my life. It is the island of my ancesters. Many generations of "Tode" lived and still live there. I'm very excited to come to the island and will try to find out more about my family in the church registers.
See you soon Hiddensee!!!

Greetings, Tineke Tode :)

inselfan66

Re: family search

Heeeeh Tineke,
where do you come from ? :)

Themenstarter
tineketode

Hello Antoine,

I come from Rotterdam, the Netherlands. My greatgrandfather Harm Jacob Tode and his children and ancesters were born at Neuendorf. He was a fisherman. He was married to Catharina Sophia Schlieker, also from the island.

Greetz, Tineke

Schwarzer Nebel

I think, you will have a very good time on hiddensee.
especially when you come during late spring and early summer months.

about the church registers: i don't know, if they are still existing there. maybe some of them were given to the archivs of the pommeranian church. it would be a good idea to contact the priest on hiddensee first and asking him, how long the church books go back in time.

and yes, schlieker is a very common name on hiddensee. you will find a lot of "new" relatives. :lol:

have a good time

Themenstarter
tineketode

Thank you for your reply!
I look forward very much to visit Hiddensee! It has been my dream for many years.

I found out that the church has a partnership with a church in Holland, at Ruinen. I wrote them a letter with request for help and I already received a confirmation. I'm very excited!

I will visit in early June, because May is a very busy month, and I will welcome any relative.
See you all on Hiddensee everybody!

Have a nice day, Tineke :)

Caty
Inselliebhaber

Let's try it here, :shock: my English is not so great. June is beautifully situated on Hiddensee. The evenings are long and the time it is called the white nights. The gorse blooms in the highlands and the island is not as packed with tourists. It will please you, and I wish you that you find in the past of your family have good luck. Many greetings from Dresden near Caty
Ein schöner Rückzug ist ebenso viel wert als ein kühner Angriff
Baltasar Gracian y Morales

Inselsonne
Hiddenseer
Hiddenseer
Ex-Benutzername: toffyott

Oh Yes ,June is very good vor this Island.
Es dauert 1 Minute jemanden interessant zu finden, 1 Stunde jemanden zu mögen, 1 Tag um jemanden zu lieben, aber es dauert ein ganzes Leben jemanden zu vergessen...!